A round-up of the January books, first.
- Alternative Alamat by Various Authors; Paolo Chikiamco, editor ~ 5/5
- A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro ~ 4/5
- 1984 by George Orwell ~ 4/5
So I got two books with 4-star ratings, and one with a perfect 5 rating. Looks like my choices did not disappoint! Very high ratings indeed. Let's see how the books for February will fare. :)
I don't really follow a specific theme for the books I choose (unlike Tina, who hosts this series), coming up with the titles on a whim. So, for this month, as in the previous ones, what I have lined up are from different genres and have different themes, as well.
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Right now, I am still devouring Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, which I hope to finish by next week. I am also going to squeeze in The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery,
Psyched and can't wait to read these books! :)