Happy 1st birthday, Book Bloggy! :D
And I'm not calling you "Bookish Little Me" anymore because, well, after a year, I'm re-christening you today with...
By definition, "marginalia" means:
So, by renaming my book blog in this manner, I am therefore claiming this small space on the web as personal repository for my notes, reactions, thoughts and opinions on books I've read, all of which I do not consider as reviews - hence, "non-reviews." (Hence, too, the Disclaimer, which still applies.) Because really, that's what they are - my thoughts on a book. Also, I don't really write on the margins of my print books (I can't bear it!), so I will let this blog serve that purpose. Of course, there are still the occasional discourses and memes about books and reading, events relating to the book club, readers or book bloggers, and practically anything that's book-related.
Hello, welcome to marginalia, my book blog! :)
As I said in a previous post, on the occasion of my book blog's first anniversary, I am hosting a giveaway (yay!) for the few souls who
(1) The giveaway is open to Philippine residents only.
(2) You need not be a book blogger or member of my book club in order to join, but I think it's only reasonable to require, at the very least, that I know you, right? :P
(3) Anyone who wishes to join should leave a comment on this post and answer the following question: If I were to go into a bookstore that holds absolutely every single title that has ever been published, what is the one book you would recommend I pick (and insist on reading!) and why?
(4) The question requires only 1 title, so if you answer with 2, your entry will be automatically disqualified.
(5) One comment = one entry, and one entry per person only (of course).
(6) Entries will be accepted until 11:30 pm of July 28, Saturday, local time.
(7) I will print out the entries, put them on a fish bowl, and let my baby girl Allie pick the lucky winner! To assure everyone who will join that the contest is not rigged, I will take a picture of all the printed entries and the little one as she picks the winning entry. :P
(8) Lucky winner will be announced on Monday, July 30 at 12 noon on - where else? - this blog.
Now, for the prize! :D
The lucky giveaway winner gets to choose any one of the following titles, which are among my favorites (so far) for 2012:
Awesome list, no? :))
The winner may choose either the print copy or the Kindle edition of the book of his/her choice. For the print books, the winner may opt for a specific format: either hardback, trade or mass market paperback. Preferences with respect to particular editions or book covers, however, will depend on availability. I will go for the one that's readily and locally available. As for the Kindle edition, this is also subject to a book's availability on the Kindle store. In case there's none available, the winner can either pick another book with a Kindle edition, or just go for the print book. :)
Any questions? Clarifications? If there's none, what are you still waiting for? Game na! :D
Happy birthday again, blog! :D