Apologies for the delayed post. These books were given during the book club's smashing Christmas Party last December 15, but since I have enviably high EQ and self-restraint (read: I don't open gifts until Christmas day itself), then this post just had to wait.
Come Christmas morning, I couldn't help but give a little squeal of delight each time I unwrapped one book from my pile. It made my heart swell SO much knowing that my friends took time out to discover which books I would love. Here's proof!
To those who gave me these lovely books, thank you so much. You know who you are.
From the bottom of the stack going up:
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke ~ double the copies, double the love!
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler, illustrated by Maira Kalman
- The Passport by Herta Muller
- Astigirl by Tweet Sering
- White Noise by Don DeLillo
- Tall Story by Candy Gourlay
- Stories, edited by Neil Gaimanl and Al Sarrantonio
The book on top of the pile, Wolf Hall, is my Christmas gift to myself. Heee. :D
And here's an assortment of other gifts and souvenirs I received from my bookish friends on our Christmas party. Again, thank you, my friends-you know who you are.
Cheers to the reading year that was 2012, and here's to more books and bookish friends in 2013! :)