From top to bottom:
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss - I won this from my buddy Angus' blog contest last year. He had to order a copy from Book Depository because it's out of stock at local bookstores. He ordered one for himself, as well. Thanks, Buddy!
- The Hunger Angel by Herta Muller - I also bought a copy from TBD for Angus, intended as my birthday gift for him last April, but the parcel got lost somewhere. It finally reached me on the second week of May. This is going to be the fourth Muller in my collection.
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon - This is the book club's book for the month of June. Tricia, our lovely moderator, has kindly facilitated a bulk sale of secondhand copies with Jas of Avalon.ph, who offered to sell each copy to us for a minimal amount. Some of us bought copies from him during last May's F2F. This one's mine.
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf - I have wanted to read Woolf for the longest time. Here is the opportunity. Bought this from Book Sale Robinson's Place Ermita (RPE).
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood - After The Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin, I'm looking forward to another Atwood novel. Perhaps this one will engage me? Also bought this from Book Sale RPE.
On another separate trip to Book Sale last week, I found these wonderful titles for me and the little girl:
- Secret Seahorse - An under-the-sea picture book.This fast became the little girl's favorite.
- The Quilt Maker's Gift - Another picture book.
- Jumanji - Yes, the one with the awesome movie adaptation starring Robin Williams.
- Atomised by Michel Houellebecq - Heard about this novel from a book club friend, Emir, whose taste in books I also admire. Very cheap and good copy, so I bought it for myself. :)