Last month, I decided to pick only two titles for my reading list:
- A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin - Fire and blood. 5/5
- Stoner by John Williams - untouched.
Yes, it took me nearly the entire month to finish reading the fifth (and definitely, not last) book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, so Stoner will be carried over (again) to another month. But I also managed to read these two other titles before the month ended:
- A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin - Nothing happened here. 3/5
For August, I am picking two titles carried over from previous months' reading lists, plus three Filipiniana titles - all in celebration of August as the Buwan ng Wika here in the Philippines.
- Unseen Moon by Eliza Victoria - I loved her other collection of short stories, A Bottle of Storm Clouds: Stories. This particular copy - signed by the author! - was won from a fellow blogger's recent giveaway. Yay! :)
- It's a Mens World by Bebang Siy - After the 2nd Filipino Readers' Conference in August last year, I immediately bought myself a copy of this debut work by the author, which won for her the Essay Anthology award in the very first Filipino Readers' Choice Awards. After an entire year, I'm finally picking it up.
- Tall Story by Candy Gourlay - The book club's book for the month.
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri - Currently reading.
- Stoner by John Williams - Currently reading.
The Filipiniana books are very slim volumes, so I'm confident that I will be able to finish all the books on this month's reading list. Perhaps, I will have time to add one more before the month is over? ;)
Happy August, friends! :)