But I’m not complaining. The other day I was thinking, is it just me or did March really take much too long? It felt like the days and weeks dragged by (taking me along with it), and so even with this debilitating heat, I felt glad when April rolled around. Brand new month for reading!
Here are the books I finished reading last month:
- The Alienist by Caleb Carr – TFG’s book of the month. The first mystery I’ve read in a while. 4/5.
- A Thousand Years of Good Prayers by Yiyun Li – My first I Dare You To Read book this year, recommended by good friend Benny. Lovely short fiction. 5/5.
- The King In Yellow* by Robert W. Chambers – Referenced by HBO’s True Detective. Weird fiction. 3/5.
I’m still reading The Tudors by G.J. Meyer, which is okay because it’s non-fiction, and I’m in no hurry to finish it.
And finally, for this month’s reading list:
|Always my bookish model, Star the Slytherin bear. :)|
- Tenth of December by George Saunders – Read-along with bookish friends Honey and Angus. I’ve been seeing a lot of praises for this book, and it won the first Folio Prize so I have high hopes for this one.
- If on a winter’s night a traveler by Italo Calvino – TFG’s book of the month.
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith – Buddy read with Mommy Louize.
How about you? What are you reading this month? :)
*Technically, I finished it yesterday, April 1st, but I'm including it in March, just because.