Here are the books that I finished reading for April:
- Tenth of December by George Saunders - Awesome, awesome collection of short stories. Buddy-read with a couple of bookish friends. 5/5
- If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino - The book club's book of the month. Confusing, impertinent. 2/5
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith - A lovely novel on faith, family, friendship, race, and love. Another buddy read. 4/5
Yes, I was able to read all the books on my reading list for April, so yay! (Technically, I finished reading White Teeth only this weekend, but still.)
As for May, I picked three books from my 2014 must-reads list:
|Star the Slytherin Bear, my model, is currently indisposed (i.e., in the wash).|
- Independent People by Halldor Laxness - A favorite book of two of the most influential bookish people in my life. Excited to read this.
- To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf - The book club's book of the month. Been wanting to read a Woolf book, so yes, also excited to read this.
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes - Friends from the book club are raving about this. Let's see how it will fare with me.
Have a good May, everyone. :)