Yes, February! A brand-new reading list for this month!
A recap of January's reading list is in order, however, so here we go:
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan - Historical fiction at its best, tackling the Burma Railway. 5/5
- Suspended Sentences by Patrick Modiano - Three novellas from the 2014 Nobel laureate for literature. 4/5
- Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool - The book club's book of the month. Very heartwarming story, indeed. 5/5
And now, for my February books:
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville - My second Mieville book after last year's The City & The City, which I totally loved. Buddy read with book club friends!
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy - A reread. In preparation for my 3rd discussion with the book club next month.
- Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos - Also a reread. The book club's book for the love month that is February.
I was supposed to also include The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie this month but thought that my plate is already full with just the three books. Perdido Street Station is a hefty one, and I need to focus on The God of Small Things for the discussion. So Rushdie will have to wait next month again.
How about you, what are you reading this month? :)