So, how did I fare in February? Terrible.
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy – In preparation for the book discussion, a reread. 4/5
- Love Walked In by Marisa Delos Santos – Our book club’s book for February, a reread. 4/5
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville – A buddy read with some bookish friends which I had begun with an intensity and fervor that lasted all of 2 weeks, when I had to let go of it at the moment to focus on TGoST. Currently on page 316.
I have a valid excuse, I know, but I still think I have to make up for it this March. Even if the book discussion happens in three weeks.
Hello, March books.
- Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill – I am very intrigued. I’ve heard great things about this one, so I bought a copy as soon as I saw one was available at Fully Booked.
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones – Way overdue reading. A friend bewails its being underrated and is book-shoving this.
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy – I shouldn’t even be including this anymore but I feel like I owe it my loyalty, being the book club’s book of the month which I will be discussing soon.
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville – My buddies have gone on ahead and finished this without me, so I guess I’ll have to wing this one on my own.
Happy March everyone, and hope you’ll have a terrific beginning of summer!