March went well and pretty quickly, and I'm happy to report that my most recent book club discussion went all right. The book club is now in the middle of discussing our April selection, the offline discussion of which will coincide with our fifth anniversary. Looking forward to that, as I'm sure everyone else is.
Anyway. March report card!
- Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill - Marriage in fragments. 4/5
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy - Third and final reread. 4/5
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville - Slake moths! Crisis engine! Garudas! 4/5
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones - currently on page 206 of 388.
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby - Technically part of my April reading list, but since I finished reading it on the last day of March, I'm including it on this list anyway. 3.5/5
Without further ado, here is my reading list for April:
- High Fidelity by Nick Horby - The book club selection for April. #TFGat5
- When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro - Buddy reading this with the TFG Mommies (Louize, Lynai, and Maria).
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - Recently
wonshortlisted for the National Book Award for Fiction, so I'm curious. It lost to Redeployment by Phil Klay, which is also in my TBR.
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri - One of my favorite author's most recent work. Excited to read this one.
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones - Spillover from March.
How about you, any interesting titles lined up for April? Happy reading, folks!