Before I present my June reading list, the mandatory recap of last month's performance:
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri - A tale of two brothers and a shared wife, one after the other. 4/5
- Redeployment by Phil Klay - Jumbles of military jargon masquerading as short stories. 2.5/5
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - Currently on page 250.
- Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel - Not yet read.
My family and I went on a five-day vacation in Hong Kong on the second week of May, so that explains the two-book backlog. I did bring Redeployment along with me on the trip but never managed to crack it open, heh.
Anyway, here is my June reading list:
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett - The book club's book of the month.
- Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel - Spillover from May.
- How to be both by Ali Smith - One of my must-reads for the year. Bought this copy from Page One in Harbour City, Hong Kong.
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - Currently reading.
What do you think of my reading list this month? Do you have any reading list for the month, as well?