A quick check of my 2015 read shelf over at Goodreads shows that I've already finished reading 19 books so far. For someone who doesn't really read that fast (well, by my own standards at least) I think I'm doing well. 19 books means I get to read 3 books on the average per month, and that's good for me! No reading slumps so far, but I'm not crossing my fingers now, right?
Before I proceed to this month's reading list, a quick recap of the last month's books:
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett - The book club's book of the month. 3/5.
- Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel - Spillover from May. Currently at page 322 of 404. Fewer than a hundred pages left!
- How to be both by Ali Smith - A little underwhelmed with this book. 3/5.
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - What a mess of a book! Ugh. 1/5.
I'm itching to write my thoughts about The Goldfinch, which so far holds the record for being my sole 1-starrer this year, but I need to tackle one other book first.
And now, for my July books:
- Austerlitz by W.G. Sebald - Buddy reading this with some friends from the book club. A challenge to read!
- Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel - Almost done with it anyway but I'm still including it.
- The Tudors by G.J. Meyer - Left this one on hold last year when I reached halfway, and now I'm picking it up again because I want to read about non-fiction side of Mantel's Booker babies.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan - Over the weekend I saw the film adaptation showing on HBO, so I remembered that I was due to read this this year!
- The Quiet American by Graham Greene - The book club's book for the month.
How about you? Anything interesting you've lined up for July? :)